DTF Printer Warranty
Our Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Products repaired or replaced if they fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This Express Warranty is in addition to other rights or remedies that You may have under the ACL in relation to your product.
In this Express Warranty:
a. “ACL” means the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and regulations.
b. “Consumable” include (without limitation) ink cartridges/bags/pouches, cleaning cartridges/bags/pouches, maintenance liquid, pre-treatment liquid, maintenance tanks, cleaning pads, cleaning sticks, cleaning fluid, waste/recycling bottles, drain tubes, clamps, tweezers, gloves, cups, caps, pump cap assemblies, flushing pads, fabric wiper units, fabric rollers and pre-treatment applicators.
c. “DTF Store” means Car Geek Australia Pty Ltd ABN 48 622 100 145.
d. “Demonstration Unit” means a used product that’s had minor use, except for Product training and quality verification by DTF Store’s own technicians to ensure it performs properly. These products are sold by DTF Store, and were are referred to as a Demo.
e. “Genuine” means manufactured by or for a member of the DTF Store group of companies.
f. “Onsite” means at your business premises in Australia.
g. “Product” means a Genuine Large Format Printer supplied new by DTF Store Australia, being one of the following models:-
1. Iris Lite L1390
2. Iris Pro P900
3. Iris Super Pro I3200
4. Iris Super Pro Max I3200
h. “Marketing Initiative” includes any competition or promotion initiated by DTF Store Australia.
i. “Purchase Date” means the date of a Product’s first purchase from DTF Store or a Stockist.
j. “Proof of Purchase” means a legible copy of your purchase receipt or invoice for the Product.
k. “Specifications” means the performance characteristics of a Product set out from time to time on DTF Store Australia’s website.
l. “Stockist” means an authorized DTF Store dealer.
m. “Service Agent” means a person or a company authorized by DTF Store Australia to repair a Product.
n. “You” means the End User and “your” has a corresponding meaning.
o. “User Manual” means a document created by DTF Store that provides detailed installation, operation and maintenance instructions.
p. “Part” means any spare part or other component that forms a part of the Product and which may be replaced from time to time.
q. “Life Expectancy” refers to the volume of output and age of a machine. The volume and age must be considered together with the final figure dependent on whichever occurs first. The volume based Life Expectancy of a Product is based on the number of prints. Some models have additional Part limitations;
o Iris Lite L1390: 1 year or 2,000 prints.
o Iris Pro P900: 1 years or 4,000 prints.
o Iris Super Pro I3200: 1 years or 6,000 prints.
Subject to these conditions, DTF Store Australia offers a Warranty on your Product.
A Stockist who sells a Product to you has no authority from DTF Store Australia to give you any additional Warranty or guarantee in relation to your Product or to make any statement (other than what is contained in the Specifications) about:
1. a Product’s performance or fitness for any specific purpose; or
2. the currency or application of any Marketing Initiative.
Under this Warranty, DTF Store Australia will not be liable for any claimed consequential loss or any indirect or special damage arising from your use of the Product or any breach of this warranty. In particular (but without limitation) DTF Store Australia excludes any liability for actual or expected loss of revenue or profits, business interruption, loss or corruption of business information or data claimed to arise from your use of the Product.
This warranty includes all Genuine Parts (excluding Consumables, Consumable Parts and Parts that have reached their rated life) and labour. Consumable Parts must be purchased by you at DTF Store’s then-current prices.
At its discretion, DTF Store Australia will either repair or replace a Product (with an equivalent model which may be new or re furbished) if it is found, on inspection by DTF Store or a Service Agent, to have any defect as outlined above. In the event that DTF Store chooses to replace a Product under this Warranty, only the unexpired balance of the Warranty for the replaced Product will apply to the replacement Product.
This warranty is limited to those software packages that carry the DTF Store logo, provided those packages are not modified (other than by an authorised DTF Store Australia representative). You are responsible for backing-up, or preserving the integrity of software generated data in the course of using the DTF Store software packages and during technical support. DTF Store Australia will not be liable for any loss of data arising from repairs or advice given on the use of the DTF Store provided software or hardware Products.
All warranty claims must be approved by DTF Store Australia before any warranty service work is performed. No such warranty service work once approved will be performed except by an authorised Service Agent.
If you wish to make a claim under this Warranty, you must:
a. First call the Stockist to identify and rectify any fault if possible).
b. If a fault is found which requires a video call by an authorised Service Agent, the Stockist will log the service job with DTF Store.
c. DTF Store will try to rectify the problem with you under their supervision.
d. At DTF Store Australia’s discretion we will send a service technician on site to rectify the problem. (Iris Pro Series only).
e. Lite series will require to be sent to DTF Store service agents address for inspection.
f. If your Product is located within the metropolitan area of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth, you will be entitled to receive this Warranty service.
g. If your Product is located outside of these Australian cities, you must pay the closest Service Agent’s reasonable return travel and accommodation costs to provide you with On-site warranty service.
If a Service Agent attends to provide On-site warranty service but finds that the reported fault is not directly related to a failure of the Product that is covered by this Warranty (including, without limitation, your failure to perform regular user level maintenance as prescribed in the User Manual), you must pay its current service fee and its reasonable return travel and accommodation costs (if applicable) to provide you with On-site service.
This Warranty applies only if:
1. You purchase Product from DTF Store Australia or an authorised Stockist;
2. You use the Product for your own business purposes;
3. You operate the Product at its original Location at the time of installation, in a suitable environment in compliance with the Product’s environmental requirements as specified by DTF Store Australia;
4. You use only Genuine DTF Store Consumable Parts when operating the Product;
5. You follow the instructions outlined in your user guide, in terms of initial product set-up, consumable loading, maintenance and replacement;
6. You follow the procedure outlined in your user guide for daily power down and power down prior to an extended period of inactivity;
7. You follow correct procedures in terms of printing selection and printer settings, head alignment and calibration, film tension and film alignment preparation. You perform regular maintenance as prescribed in the User Manual;
8. You make the Product available for service when scheduled or requested by DTF Store or its Agent. And provide full access to Product, with adequate working space, storage space, and facilities, including heat, light, ventilation, electric current and power outlets.
This Warranty will not apply if any of the following events occurs during the Warranty period:
1. A Product’s serial number or any rating label is removed or changed in anyway;
2. A Product is serviced, repaired or modified other than by DTF Store or its authorised Service Agent without written consent of DTF Store Australia;
3. You have installed or used a Product contrary to the technical or operating guidelines recommended in its User guide or Manual;
4. A component Part of your Product has reached or exceeded its Life Expectancy;
5. A fault occurs in any parts, materials or products not supplied by DTF Store;
6. Any fault or damage caused by using non Genuine ink/fluid cartridges for the Product, or any ink delivery system other than the Genuine ink delivery system built into the Product;
7. Any fault or damage due to the quality of media used, including (but without limitation);
1. damage to the Product’s print head caused by media imperfections such as variations in thickness;
2. improper storage of media before use in the Product; or
installation or setting of media in the Product.
8. Any fault or damage caused by third-party software, applications, parts, components or peripheral devices not provided by or approved for use by DTF Store Australia with the Product;
9. Any fault or damage due to using filters, solvents, or other supplies not recommended in the Specifications;
10. Any fault or damage caused by neglecting or improperly performing user level maintenance as prescribed in the User Manual;
11. Any fault or damage caused by misuse, abuse, improper installation, neglect, fire, flood, lightning, electrical surges or incorrect currents, disasters or acts of God;
12. Any colour change or fading of printed output;
13. Any fault or damage caused by the use of non-recommended materials, tools, liquids or fluids when performing user maintenance;
14. Any fault or damage from your failure to procure, install, or have maintenance performed on Product or items not covered by this Warranty and on all non-DTF Store communications media and peripherals including without limitation transmission lines, networks, telephone, and telegraph equipment for the remote transmission of data;
15. Any fault or damage arising from operator error;
16. Any operator supplies or accessories, paint, or refinishing of the Equipment;
17. Any electrical or mechanical work not related to Product maintenance, or any, installation, removal of accessories, attachments, or other devices not supplied by DTF Store Australia;
18. Any alteration to the configuration of the Product not authorised by DTF Store Australia or a Stockist.
19. A Product’s malfunction or failure to perform to Specifications results from:
1. deliberate or accidental damage including damage in transit, by insects/pests, through liquid spillage, or through any other improper use or mishandling by the End User; or
2. modification; or
3. any form of computer virus; or
4. any parts require repair or replacement as a result of normal wear and tear, corrosion or stain.
DTF Store Australia advises that if you use non-genuine Consumables, software, Parts, Consumable Parts or accessories, you may cause damage to your Product that may invalidate this Warranty and you may incur the current cost of Parts, travel and labour for a Service Agent to repair or attempt to repair such damage.
These following notes form part of DTF Store’s Standard Warranty and are to be read in conjunction with the other terms and conditions of this warranty.
Car Geek Australia Pty Ltd T/AS DTF Store
Phone 1300 426 438
Monday through Friday from 7.30am to 3.00pm (AEST), excluding Public Holidays. DTF Store may change this period without notice. Upon request and DTF Store’s prior approval, DTF Store will provide service outside its normal hours of operation at DTF Store’s then-current field service rates.
DTF Store Australia will use its best efforts to return your telephone request for warranty service within four (4) business hour of your call, and to provide on-site service within eight (8) business days of the time that DTF Store has determined the service is necessary. These times are targets and not firm guarantees.
Spare parts other than Print Heads provided as a result of a repair of your Product under warranty purchased by you outside of warranty are provided with an Express Warranty under the same terms and conditions of the Warranty for the Product in which they are installed and are covered for a period of 90 days or the remaining Warranty, whichever is longer and subject to being installed by an DTF Store Authorised Service Agent.
In the case of Print Heads that are provided free of charge under warranty as a result of a repair of your Product are provided with an Warranty under the same terms and conditions of the Warranty for the Product in which they are installed and are covered for a period of 90 days or the remaining Express Warranty, whichever is longer and subject to being installed by an DTF Store Authorised Service Agent.
In the case of Print Heads that are purchased by you for the purpose of a repair of your Product they are provided with an Express Warranty under the same terms and conditions of the Express Warranty for the Product in which they are installed and are covered for a period of 12 months or the remaining Warranty, whichever is longer and subject to the following conditions:
- They are installed by an DTF Store Authorised Service Agent or the model is suitable for self-service, you have received training from DTF Store Australia and activated DTF Store remote monitoring.
- They are purchased from DTF Store Australia, an DTF Store Authorised Spare Parts Distributor or an DTF Store Authorised Service Agent
- You use only correct and Genuine DTF Store consumables purchased from an DTF Store Authorised Reseller
- At the time of installation of the purchased print head your Product was not more than 5 years old from the date of purchase
DTF Store Australia Pty Limited will perform Onsite Warranty repair work within an 80 kilometre radius from its nearest service centre, in the following areas; Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
DTF Store Australia is continually focused on improving its geographical service coverage, so please do not hesitate to contact our customer service centre for newly appointed service centres beyond these areas.
DTF Store reserves the right to modify the warranty supplied to all printers at any time, the warranty supplied with your printer is valid at the time of purchase. Please check the current warranty at the time of purchase. Current Version 01/02/2023.
Click the download link to receive a copy of the DTF Store warranty. Download.